Tanzania’s VP resigns, quit politics
Tanzania's Vice President Dr. Emmanuel Nchimbi who has resigned and has quit politics-Photo Courtesy
By Dickson Odhiambo
August
25, 2026
Tanzania’s VP resigns, quit
politics
The
Tanzania Vice President Dr. Emmanuel Nchimbi has formally resigned after serving
in that capacity nearly for one year.
In a letter
to the Country’s President Samia Suluhu, Dr Nchimbi says he has resigned as the
Country’s Vice President.
In his
letter, he says he can no longer serve with optimally and with integrity.
The letter
says he will quit office on September 19,2026 marking his one year being in
office as Tanzanian number two in command.
In a statement issued today on
August 25,2026, Nchimbi said his request will take effect 14 days after he
completes one year in office on September 4.
“I have requested that she accept my resignation
with effect from 19 September 2026, which will be 14 days after the date on
which I will have completed one year in office, on 4 September 2026,” Nchimbi
states.
On 27 August 2025,
Dr. Nchimbi promised President Dr Samia Suluhu Hassan he would assist her to the best of his
ability and with complete integrity.
“I also assured her that the day I felt unable to
fulfil that promise, I would inform her,” he adds.
He expresses his gratitude to President Suluhu, who
is also Chairperson of the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM), for the trust she
placed in him.
Nchimbi also thanks Tanzanians for their cooperation
during his time in public office, saying he will continue to serve as a good
citizen of Tanzania.

Comments
Post a Comment