First Lady launches new machine that will diagnose HIV for Mothers and children faster.





Kenya's First Lady Margaret Kenyatta{R} in Kisumu today during  the launch of the second Beyond Zero Medical Safari.She has also launched a machine that will ensure that HIV diagnosis for mothers and infants is quicker, cheaper and more accessible.Looking on is Kisumu Governor Prof Anyang Nyong'o and Mozambique First Lady Isaura Nyusi-Photo By Dickson Odhiambo




By Dickson Odhiambo.

November 22, 2018.

First Lady launches new machine that will diagnose HIV for Mothers and children faster.

Kenya’s First lady Margaret Kenyatta has today launched a machine that will ensure that HIV diagnosis for mothers and infants is quicker, cheaper and more accessible.

The Beyond Zero has donated the machine known as an Abbott Point of Care device to the Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital in Kisumu.

Addressing the public today at Jomo Kenyatta Sports ground  in Kisumu today during the launch of the second Beyond Zero Medical Safari, the First lady said the introduction of the new technology will reduce the turnaround time for receiving babies results of HIV positive mothers from 30-90 days to 24 hours.

She says the national point of care testing implementation roadmap in Kenya and utilization of multi-disease testing platforms for optimizing early infant diagnosis policies will also be of great help to Kenyans.

Mrs. Kenyatta says the launch of the elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV from mother to child business plan is also very vital in this country.

“We are still committed to keep mothers, newborns and children alive and healthy. The Launch of the Emtct business plan and the donation of the point of care devices are important in ensuring that we keep building momentum in readiness to the World Health Organization validation in 2021, of having less than five percent transmission rate across all Kenyan health facilities,” Mrs. Kenyatta says.

She adds that the new HIV infections among children reduced from an estimated 13,000 in 2013 to 6,100 in 2016, adding that these results demonstrate the value of result-oriented partnerships between the National and County Government, the private sector and other actors such as the Beyond Zero.

The launch of the new machine has taken place during the Beyond Zero Medical Safari held in Kisumu today where thousands of people turned up for medical services that have been offered free of charge where services offered include Fistula repair, screening for cervical, breast and prostate cancer, Eye clinic for elderly persons, Orthopedic clinic for children, screening for heart diseases in children and screening for diabetes and hypertension, HIV counseling and Testing, immunization and checkups for pregnant mothers.

Others are Linda Mama registration for all pregnant mothers, assessment and registration for children for children with disabilities and NHIF Members registration.

The first lady says the lifecycle approach of the services offered during the safari places people at the center of health care systems while providing an opportunity to address the changing health needs through quality of care.

The Beyond Zero Medical Safari is an initiative by First Lady Margaret Kenyatta and it aims at providing an integrated and specialized healthcare to Kenyans through free screening, treatment and referral services.

ENDS:



Comments

  1. The conclusion by medical doctors that HIV has no cure is certainly not true because I’m a leaving testimony of how Dr ogbela uses black seed extracts and other herbal materials to cure HIV/AIDS and HERPES virus. I was leaving with HIV for more than 8years, consulted many doctors for treatment but all they administer is antiretroviral drugs which depresses me even more. On this blessed day i went to the river side to reflect and maybe commit suicide due to HIV. While there a lady ELOA noticed i was deep in thoughts and ask me what the trouble is and i told her my pains she offered to help because she has also benefited from Dr. ogbela cure. Right there she sent a mail to an African based herbalist (Dr ogbela) who replied and requested i send him information about myself. This conversation changed my story for good because less than 3 weeks of using his herbal remedies which he sent to me through courier the virus was completely out of my body and this shocked my personal home doctors. One would have thought the solution to this demon called (HIV), Herpes, Cancer or HPV etc would come from the world recognized scientists. Hey, if you are tired of antiretroviral drugs, heartbroken and in need of solution contact him on: (drogbelaherbalhome@gmail.com) or watsapp +2348136354191 and be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conclusion by medical doctors that HIV has no cure is certainly not true because I’m a leaving testimony of how Dr ogbela uses black seed extracts and other herbal materials to cure HIV/AIDS and HERPES virus. I was leaving with HIV for more than 8years, consulted many doctors for treatment but all they administer is antiretroviral drugs which depresses me even more. On this blessed day i went to the river side to reflect and maybe commit suicide due to HIV. While there a lady ELOA noticed i was deep in thoughts and ask me what the trouble is and i told her my pains she offered to help because she has also benefited from Dr. ogbela cure. Right there she sent a mail to an African based herbalist (Dr ogbela) who replied and requested i send him information about myself. This conversation changed my story for good because less than 3 weeks of using his herbal remedies which he sent to me through courier the virus was completely out of my body and this shocked my personal home doctors. One would have thought the solution to this demon called (HIV), Herpes, Cancer or HPV etc would come from the world recognized scientists. Hey, if you are tired of antiretroviral drugs, heartbroken and in need of solution contact him on: (drogbelaherbalhome@gmail.com) or watsapp +2348136354191 and be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello I?m from USA , I have been suffering from HERPES virus for the past 3 years and i had constant pain especially in my knees, During the first year I had faith in God that i will be healed someday, but this disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came in search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of so many people who has been healed from Hepatitis B, HIV/AID, Diabetes,HSV, ALS HPV and Cancer by this Man called Dr, Akioya and he also gave the email address of this man and advice we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. Akioya telling him about my HERPES Virus he told me not to worry that i will be cured from this deadly disease i never believed it, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man, few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my medical doctor to confirmed if i have be finally cured behold it was true,and now i?m cure totally with Dr.Akioya, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr,Akioya on this email; drakioya17spellhome@gmail.com or add him up on what-app +2348105257464

    ReplyDelete
  4. i already gave up on ever getting cured of HSV2 because i have try many treatment none of them work out for me i have go to different hospital they always tell me same thing there is no cure for herpes when i came across a post about Dr ohunyom, in the net from a lady called Angela i contacted him and he reassured me with him herbal medicine which i took according to the way he instructed, that how i was cured. I doubted at first because i have been to a whole lot of reputable doctors, tried a lot of medicines but none was able to cure me. so i decided to listen to him and he commenced treatment, and under two weeks i was totally fee from #Herpes. i want to say a very big thank you to DR ohunyom for what he has done in my life. feel free to leave him a message on email drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973..
    He can still be able to help you with this herbs medicine:
    1...ALS CURE/DIABETES CURE/EPILESY/HPV CURE/LUPUS/HEPATITIS/CANCER/GOUT     

    ReplyDelete
  5. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr ohunyom herbal medicine is a good remedy for herpes simplex virus cure. My name is Mary Lora  ,I just want to share this article about Dr ohunyom who helped me, i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by DR ohunyom, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Familiar , Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how DR ohunyom cured them, when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took and it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without any problem, my HERPES result came out negative, I pray to God to never let me and my family forget you in our life,i am now cured permanently.you can also get your self cured, if you really need this dr's help,you can reach him now email:drohunyom@gmail. com Or whats app +2349060579973
    This is real,
    He also has herbal cure for the Following DISEASES, eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer ETC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email:  dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Best Passport Holder in 2020 is not an easy task to accomplish, but as the competition increases the passport holders that will remain at the top of the chart. If you interested to know more about passport holder browse this site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kisumu Governor: We have given loans to traders to cushion them against Covid-19 Pandemic

Ksm Journalists Network Chairman dies in a grisly Road accident

New Team takes over Ksm Journalists Network’s Leadership